The lifeguard is responsible to the pool manager or field supervisor. He/She maintains a constant vigil over all patrons of the pool while on duty.
A lifeguard must be at least 15 years of age and hold a current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and complete The Pool Therapist Management lifeguard training. All guards must have all current CPR training and first aid, working papers and completion certifications by the time they start employment.
- Maintains constant vigil over patrons at assigned pool.
- Enforces rules and regulations of pool operation and contact of bathers.
- Renders first aid or CPR, when necessary.
- Performs pool maintenance on a regular basis.
- Others responsibilities as assigned.
The pool manager is directly responsible to Pool Therapist Management for all duties pertaining to the management of the pool during it’s use by residents and their guests.
The pool manager must have knowledge of water purification methods, and hold a current Red Cross Life guarding Certification. Managers must have current CPR training at the time they begin life guarding. He/She should have the ability to supervise and direct personnel and to deal with the public.
- Schedules work times for all personnel.
- Holds daily and weekly inspections of the pool operation.
- Recommends and takes corrective action when needed.
- Keeps all necessary records including time cards, chemical readings and financial attendance reports.
- Closes pool whenever the safety or health of the patrons is endangered. (i.e. thunder or lighting)
- Acts as lifeguard whenever pool load or emergencies require additional guarding.
- Enforces all rules regulations for the operation and administration of the pool as set down by the Management.
- Assists in organization of a program that includes all appropriate phases of aquatics, including swimming instruction for various age and skill groups.
- Assures maximum possible safety, health, and recreation to all persons using pool.
- Performs daily bathroom cleanup.
- Other responsibilities assigned depending upon communities rules and regulations.